Looking Forward to See You at At Stand 7014 !
Yummy Lamb's Shank
65g Dilite-Mi marinade seasoning
4 lamb shank (about 2kg)
1 medium carrot diced
1 celery stick (optional)
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp tomato puree
2 tsp fresh thyme
1 lemon- grated zest
400g can chopped tomatoes
5g marinade seasoning for stock (dissolved in 600 ml of hot water)
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbs of cooking oil
2-4 green chillies sliced (optional)
- Clean and pierce 4 lamb shank
- Rub in 15g of marinade in each shank and marinade for 1 hour or rest in fridge overnight.
- lightly brown shanks in a larg sauce pan with cooking oil. set aside in a casserole dish.
- Add carrot and celery to the oil and cook for 4 mins, stirring regularly.
- Add fresh thyme, garlic, cloves, lemon zests, and puree. cook for 2 mins.
- Add tomatoes and stock (or wine).
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 mins.
- Place shanks in a large casserole dish & pour the simmering liquid over them.
- Cover and cook in hot oven for 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Check flavour and taste is achieved.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, green beans, cauliflower and carrots (or preferred choice)
Winter Warmer Lamb's Shank
How to cook tasty Lamb's Leg